COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Posted on Friday, January 22, 2021
Visit the Northern KY Health Department website at https://nkyhealth.org for Covid-19 Vaccine Information.
1-22-2021 NKY Vaccination Update
Vaccinations are currently being provided for people in Phases 1A and B in NKY. These phases include staff and residents of long term care facilities and assisted living facilities, health care personnel, first responders, individuals who are 70 years and older and K-12 school personnel. Most long term care and assisted living facilities are being vaccinated through a federal contract with Walgreens and CVS pharmacies. Vaccinations for the other populations in Phases 1A and B are currently being provided by a local partnership of NKY Health, HealthPoint Family Care and St. Elizabeth Healthcare. No one has to be a patient of any of these providers to receive the vaccine.
Through January 17, 2021, there have been 15,705 vaccinations provided to individuals in these phases in NKY. Additionally, several thousands more doses are being provided this week as well. Demand for vaccination is high, which is good, however the vaccine supply is extremely limited at this time. We look forward to when the vaccine supply is more robust and everyone who wants to be vaccinated is able to do so promptly from any number of providers and locations.
Please note the following:
- In Northern Kentucky, vaccinations are provided by appointment only based on the amount of vaccine that the three providers have received for the week. At this time, all appointments at all locations have quickly filled up through January 28.
- The state and federal governments are changing strategies to be able to get more vaccine pushed out through additional providers and access points in the coming weeks.
- Government officials have consistently stated that it will take months for the population to be vaccinated.
- As eager as so many people are to get vaccinated, we ask for patience and understanding as the providers continue to vaccinate Northern Kentuckians with the limited doses available.
- Please monitor the latest information on vaccination opportunities through our website (https://link.edgepilot.com/s/2c45577b/VkDaI5z3OEW_6VhNwLjvbQ?u=http://www.nkyhealth.org/ and click on COVID Vaccination Information), local media, and social media (nkyhealth).
Have a great weekend!