The 18th annual KCVM ARMED FORCES RUN/WALK was an amazing success!!
We could not have been able to do this race without the support of so many!!! Thank you so much!!!! Lakeside Parks extends special thanks to Libby Baker and Dave Wolfer for your continued support and help with this great event!
We would like to extend our heartfelt thank you to the cities of Crescent Springs (Mayor Lou Hartfiel) and Villa Hills (Mayor Heather Jansen) and all of the dedicated and fantastic volunteers for the continued support for the 18th annual Kenton County Veterans Memorial 5K Run/Walk.
100% of the net proceeds of the race goes to maintain the Kenton County Veteran's Memorial. We absolutely cannot have had another successful race without everyone's involvement in making this a fun and safe event.
Specifically, we want to thank:
- Villa Hills Police Department that help organize and made sure the safety of our runners and walkers were a priority. I did not realize until the day of the race that many officers worked their scheduled night shifts and then stayed to help with the race. There are not enough words to express our thank you for all your efforts and support!!
- The Crescent Springs/Villa Hills Fire Department and EMS, you opened you doors to our community in such a welcoming way. Thank you for all the support you have given our ASA "Adopt-a-Unit" battalion. Thank you for serving the AFTER RUN breakfast for our "TOP GUN" soldiers and their families. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and it is such a great treat having a homemade breakfast after the run!!!
- The Kentucky School of the Deaf Outreach Department- Sue Frisbee, students and families.
- The River Ridge students and coaches who participated and supported our race. (Aisha El-amin and Lynn Demoss)
- Turkeyfoot Middle School 5K Running Club; runners and coaches!!! (Brittney Underwood)
- Cub Scouts Pack 717, Scoutmaster Danny Hein and scouts who volunteered at the water station at River Ridge Elementary bus circle. Thank you for manning the water station for the past 15 years!!!! That is huge!!!
- Students from Covington Catholic and River Ridge Elementary that volunteered their time to help out at the race.
- Every single one of our sponsors, volunteers and runner/walkers. We could not do this race without your support. You all ROCK!!!
Our honored "TOP GUNS" and their families who made the trip all the way from Fort Campbell to be with us for the race weekend. We are so honored to be among our country's best!!!
Commander Thomas Donatelle and all our TOP GUNS express their heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for the support that our ASA cities (Villa Hills, Crescent Springs, Lakeside Park, Erlanger and Elsmere, Kentucky) are giving to his battalion and their families.
Many thanks to Major Nate Levy who expressed what our communities do for the morale of every soldier and their families. He also stated how wonderful it is to receive care packages and letters from communities especially from children during deployment.
The soldiers cherish and read every single letter that is mailed to them. His heartfelt speech was felt in the hearts of every person that was at the award ceremony (I don't think you could have heard a needle drop while he was talking). Thank you Major Levy and our TOP GUNS!!!
Many thanks to Linda Patterson, president and founder of ASA (America Supporting Americans)!!! You set the bar for making sure that each and every military soldier and their families are recognized and honored for their services and that they will never be forgotten. The importance of..... "Building Morale as High as the Clouds!!!"
It is so amazing the friendships that have been bonded throughout our country between cities, soldiers/and their families because of ASA!!!
Keeping our military in our prayers; past, present, future and all Whom gave their Life for our Freedom!!!
We thank you for your commitment, dedication and sacrifice!!! We hold you and your families in our hearts and prayers.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
All the best,
Julie and Bill Schuler and Lou and Shirley Hartfiel